~Understanding begins, but does not end, with the act of perception~

"Welcome to your life.."

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was ALWAYS some OBSTACLE in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

-- Alfred D. Souza

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ruin, Rinse, Repeat...

I'm mad at you!
Mad, crazy, mad mad mad
at you and you
have no idea.

Well neither did I til just a little while ago,
pondering my shiny, shiny, love and I thought of you.
Somebody beat you to the punch line, pal.
Way to be asleep at the wheel.

Apparently I went from being a dope-junkie to a love-junkie.
Love, love, love, why doesn't anybody love, love, me?
Why don't I love anybody else?

How long do you stand around on tip-toe corners
waiting for the return of your last lost chance?
Your lost last chance..
Lost lost love at last.

How long before hopeful waiting becomes
timid holding back becomes
a bold excuse not to move on.
Excused from the scary and unknown.
Excuses for the trouble and turmoil in your soul.

So quickly I run from one great mistake to the next,
full of fear and expectations.
Run, Lulu, Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment