~Understanding begins, but does not end, with the act of perception~

"Welcome to your life.."

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was ALWAYS some OBSTACLE in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

-- Alfred D. Souza

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dreams Are Tedious, I know...


I dreamt we got married last night
On a slow boat to China.
Drifting lazily down the French Riviera
In a Venetian gondola.

It was all inky twilight and Christmas tree light stars
twinkling through cotton candy clouds.

A cranky Victrola somewhere wailed out Edith Piaf singing La Vie en Rose,
complete with hissing and popping for vintage effect..

We ate Neapolitan petifors and drank Veuve Clicquot
while the breeze blew sweetly through my hair.

Along the banks, the crowds threw yellow rose petals into the current
and cheered warmly in foreign tongues I could not understand,
but they were smiling.

We laughed in low tones and lounged, heads in laps, staring up at the rice paper moon..

No comments:

Post a Comment