~Understanding begins, but does not end, with the act of perception~

"Welcome to your life.."

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was ALWAYS some OBSTACLE in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

-- Alfred D. Souza

Saturday, February 27, 2010

WE DREAM OF FLYING (ICARUS)

So many of us, even I,
Even I, who have spent my life up in the air.
I dream of flying.

Last night I fell asleep and dreamed that
I fell asleep dreaming overnight I had grown wings
and in the morning I woke up and flew away.

At first, they were like butterfly wings
all light and air,
but as I dreamed, I thought,
Those wings will never hold me.

So instead I dreampt of
Black bird wings.
Big, glorious, Raven feathers
sprouting from that sexy spot between my shoulders,
Strong enough to carry me off...

Last night I dreampt-
I stepped off my roof and flew away
into the blue bird skies
on big black wings and
never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment