~Understanding begins, but does not end, with the act of perception~

"Welcome to your life.."

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was ALWAYS some OBSTACLE in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

-- Alfred D. Souza

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dún Chathail

Ten years ago
I was in a real Irish Pub
that was in a real Irish town
that was really in Ireland.

I had real Irish friends,
who played real Irish music
and sang real Irish songs
and drank real Irish pints.

We hung out in real Irish pubs
We danced in real Irish discos
and told real Irish ghost stories at real Irish Forts,
and walked boldly off real Irish cliffsides...
Sláinte.

1 comment: